Saturday, April 23, 2016

Thankful Thursday

written: April 21st



I am thankful:
1.       That we have a house all of our very own finally!
2.       Almost completely done with the move and the cleaning of the old apartment.
3.       Gorgeous almost full moon I get to see from my bedroom window as it rises.
4.       Awesome gift of a book from one of my more “unique” students. 
5.       The semester is winding down.  I’m in the homestretch now.  Just gotta finish this out, and then I’m taking the summer off (from school; I still have to work).
6.       My super perfectionist husband with a crazy work ethic.  He’s done 90% of the cleaning and packing for this move.
7.       Looking at rose bushes that I want to plant in front of the house.  We have a huge dirt area that has become quite the mud pit with our recent rains and I figure a rose bush or two (or three) would be a quick and easy way to cover that area up and spruce up the front of the house as well.
8.       My pen pals, journal buddies, friends, and awesome family.  Totally make this crazy life more awesome.
9.       That David finally agreed to hire a maid company to take care of the kitchen and the laundry area – even if he ended up cleaning quite a bit of the kitchen anyways!  ::laughs::
10.   Alternating quiet rain and beautiful sunny days.  It’s kept the temperatures moderate and lovely.  And we are quite lucky that the downpours completely missed our big move day. 
11.   The truly amazing guys from Little Guys Movers.  They were so friggin’ awesome and quick and efficient.  We will definitely use them for any and all moving from here on out (though, hopefully, we won’t need their services for a long, LONG time!).

Whew!  Made it!  Moving is downright EXHAUSTING.  But luckily we have the bulk of it done.  The maid service is coming tomorrow and then we do our final walk through with the apartment people at 3 pm tomorrow.  And then we are DONE with RBC apartments.  Hopefully forever.  I will admit, I am a bit sad about leaving RBC.  I’ve been here close to 10 years now and love the area.  I have a ton of fond memories of this place.  This is where I met David.  And really, it’s only the last 4 or so years that made it unbearable – ever since GrayStar took over the property from Sherman Properties.  So I will miss what it used to be, but am excited about having our own home now.  So much to do, but I’m trying to enjoy the ride instead of stressing out about it.  Though, I’m not sure how successful I am being in that regard!  ::laughs::

I am utterly exhausted and worn out.  Even my students could tell today that I just had zero energy.  I swear I could have laid down at noon and slept until 10 am the next day.  ::laughs::  Thank goodness we have tomorrow off of school.  I need some serious down time so I can try to get my bedroom into some sort of order.  Right now, it looks like a complete and utter disaster zone.  And the only reason it looks as good as it does right now is because I have a MASSIVE closet (seriously, it’s the same size as some of the non-master bedrooms in some of the houses we looked at), so I’m able to hide a LOT of crap in there, out of the way.  ::laughs::

I did a lot of decluttering, but feel like a lot more needs to be done still.  And we still need to go purchase a washer and dryer (been using the one at the apartment, while we still have access to it) and a microwave.  Liz and Julie are coming by this weekend to take all our boxes.  They just sold their house and will be moving shortly, so are thrilled to take our crap-ton of boxes off our hands. 

David goes back to work on Tuesday.  He’s been off of work for the past week to do the bulk of the moving stuff.  I took Monday and Tuesday off, but had to work Wednesday and Thursday.  I really am lucky to have him and that he was willing to shoulder the vast majority of the whole thing so I could focus on school.

No comments:

Post a Comment