Monday, April 11, 2016

Perspective

written: April 10th



It is truly sad when you run around too busy to journal....but not really feeling like you've accomplished anything of worth.

Ok, that's not true.  I've accomplished quite a bit.

  • I researched, took notes, and then wrote my final Module Essay for INFO 5000 today.  It was so strange.  I don't know if it was the Tiger Eye stones that Kimberly told me about or the FocusFactor vitamins....but I sat and wrote the essay out, start to finish, in one fell swoop.  I've NEVER done that before.  It was beautiful.
  • I got various car things taken care of -- oil change, tire rotation, and replace a dead headlight.
  • I scheduled the movers for the 18th.  Really hoping we have the keys and don't have to push that back.  I'm so ready to be out of here.
  • I scheduled to get my eyebrows waxed (they are WILD once more).
  • I did some minor MoonTime honoring.
  • I dropped off letters and a postcard at the post office.
  • I made dinner.
  • I brought up all the boxes out of my car for us to start boxing stuff up for the move.
  • I've sent a request to get Advising on what classes to take for the Fall Semester.  I'm taking the summer off to focus on just working.
  • I've culled down my photo albums from 9 albums to 6.  And I'm not even done going through them all.  I'm culling out the photos of the Psycho Ex and the 50 thousand photos from the zoos that were good at the time, but aren't any more.  It is kind of nice to see how much my photography as improved since 2005 (when I really started getting into digital photography).

So yeah.  I didn't cure cancer, but it's not like I've been sitting around on my ass either.  But I still have so much more to do.  I'm not too terribly stressed yet, but that's just a matter of time.  ::laughs::

Quick lil bit of gratitude:
  • quiet rain we got yesterday.  It's a rarity in Texas.  Typically we get the big bad storms, but this was just a nice, steady, gentle rain.
  • Red Lobster for dinner on Friday.  We've both been so stressed with work and school work and the move, so it was a nice treat.  Probably the last time we'll eat there for a while, but so damn delicious.
  • a couple of different faith groups have contacted me, interested in me joining them for a ceremony or ritual.  Kind of nice to feel wanted in the spiritual community once again.  There's just too much stuff going on at the moment for me to take them up on their offers.  Hopefully next month will be much nicer to me.
  • that back on April 1st...I wrote the very last rent check to this apartment complex.  It breaks my heart that this place has gone so downhill, because I really do have a lot of fond memories from here.  But it's all gone to shit, and I can't wait to close the door on this place for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment