Thursday, April 14, 2016

Panicking & Grumbling

written: April 13th



Que the true beginnings of PANIC.
We close on the house FRIDAY. 
We have the movers scheduled for TUESDAY.

And I still have SO MUCH SHIT TO DO!!!!!!!

I know there is never a perfect time to move, but this has got to be one of the absolute WORST times for me.

Luckily, my academic semester is winding down and I have a tiny sliver of breathing room.  But at work? 

Geez, this has been the horrible week I've had in AGES.  Last Thursday was all about getting the Pre-Reg packets out to the parents for the next school year.  This Thursday is the one day they are allowed to drop off the completed packets on campus (though, they are more than welcome to drop it off at the Main Office at anytime).  Plus, choir is having their big performance THURSDAY NIGHT.  Which means, they've been practicing their songs and play every single day for the past TWO WEEKS.  I've gone home with a headache every day because of the noise, the insanity from my students (because it's a huge change in their routine, which means, HEY LET'S ALL GO BAT SHIT INSANE), AND because the choir teacher does absolutely NOTHING to control her 40+ choir students.  So I'm policing my students plus her students most days.

AND add to all of that, my Problem Aid is just shitting the bed right now.  If she isn't showing up late, she's leaving early....and that's if she's even showing up!  And when she is her, she's not in dress code, she's on her phone, and she is NOT supervising the kids.  But because she has "severe depression and anxiety", it's this huge ordeal to actually write her up for any of this.  Which I personally think is complete and utter bullshit.  She's getting extra special treatment and I personally feel that's grossly unfair to the "normal" staff that are held accountable for their actions/inactions.  I understand that some people need/require a little extra help....but if you can't do the job?  You shouldn't have the job.  And what is she going to do when she actually graduates school and is a school teacher?  The school district will be lenient to a certain extent, but in the end?  You are responsible for the well-being and education of people's CHILDREN.  I just see that whole thing crashing and burning at the rate she's going.  And that really sucks, because it's going to be the kids in her classroom that suffer for it.

::big deep breaths::  I've already decided that I'm going to specifically request that Problem Aid NOT return to my campus next year (if she even still has a job).  She would do much better on a smaller campus with less students, I think.  She does really well with the younger students with just 10 or less kids.  Anything other than that, she totally checks out.

No comments:

Post a Comment