Sunday, April 3, 2016

NaJoWriMo 02

written: April 2nd



Man, I am just so beat down and utterly wrung out.  I need a day of utter nothingness, but I don't foresee that for a couple of months.

Man, fuck this Debbie-Downer shit.  Gonna take Mary's suggestion to heart.  So without further ado....

Three Things that I am Thankful for Today:
1.  that it is finally setting in that WE ARE MOVING SOON.  We've really started taking things down off the walls and patching various nail/screw holes in the walls.  I've been decluttering and letting go of things that no longer serve me.
2.  that the Robinsons needed me to babysit this evening.  They pay EXTREMELY well, and given how little this past paycheck was (due to having all week off for Spring Break), the extra money from babysitting really comes in handy.
3.  that even thought it took a bit, I FINALLY found someone to bully the apartment complex into submission (threatening to level felony animal cruelty charges tends to perk up a person), but they did finally come out to help liberate the squirrel I have come to name Houdini.  Originally, we believed Houdini to be in the chimney...turns out Houdini was in the WALL between the fireplace and our apartment.  But they followed the Wildlife rescuer's advice and left a bit of rope dangling into where Houdini was trapped and left him alone.  All is quite as of 8 pm, so I'm hoping and praying this means Houdini made his great escape.
4. (a bonus one), my lil Niece is doing well and is finally officially named.  ::laughs:: My Bro and Sis-in-Law thought they would have a bit more time to finally come to an agreement, but lil Niece had other plans and showed up a week early.  ::laughs::  Seems she is already proving she's maintaining the strong will/independence exhibited by almost every single female in our bloodline. 

Ok.  I'm still exhausted, but not quite so negative.  ::smiles::

Sunday's gonna suck.  I've got two assignments, one major and one minor due.  Plus, I will need to spend the week revamping my Draft 3 of The Doom and Gloom Project.  And I need to talk to that professor about getting some tutoring.  I really, really, REALLY do not want to have to take this class over again.

I've decided to hold off on mailing out any postcards this month through Postcrossing until after the move.  I just don't want any getting lost in the mail!  A member of a Bullet Journaling group I'm also a member of, was asking for people to send her child postcards.  He apparently has ADHD and really struggles with reading, but LOVES reading postcards.  So I've agreed to do this.  I'm hoping that some of my students will be interested in writing to this child as well.  I'd supply the postcard and the postage.  And hopefully I can tie this in with my "Leadership Project" for INFO 5000 (the non-Doom and Gloom class), and get started on the journaling group I've offered to do for that project.  THAT paper is due April 18th.

Basically, if I can survive until May 6th, it's smooth sailing once more.  Both classes will be done.  We will be free of this retched apartment complex AND fully moved into our house.  Then I can really look at our finances and figure out what trip I can afford to take.  Hell, even if it's just a drive up to the Oklahoma City Zoo or out to the Fort Worth Nature Preserve to do some serious hiking in nature....I just NEED something.  Hell, maybe my Mom will be up for a trip of some sort.  ::grins and smiles::

No comments:

Post a Comment