Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Home



written: April 19th

Alright, we made it.  We are officially moved into the house!  ::joyous celebration::  We hired Little Guys Movers and they did a STELLAR job.  They were pricey for sure, but so worth it.  They moved our 2 bedroom apartment from the 3rd floor to a house, including a heavy ass elliptical and a shit ton of weights in under 4 hours for $997.  I tell ya, it’s money well spent.

I took today and yesterday off of work just so I could complete the packing and moving process.  Now, all we have left are the small miscellaneous items and Leviathan.  She’s currently chilling in my bathroom at the apartment.  I needed everything set up here plus electricity (which was supposed to be on yesterday, but I had to call and remind them to get it done today) before I brought her over.  And by the time I got all of that accomplished, I just didn’t have the energy to move her.  So, she’s chilling in her tank on the bathroom vanity.  ::laughs::  She’ll come home tomorrow.  

Then, it’s all about the cleaning.  Moving makes you realize just how filthy things can get if you aren’t paying attention.   David and I have agreed to make a cleaning check-list.  I’ll laminate it and hang it on the refrigerator so we can use a dry erase marker to check off the items done.  Hopefully this will keep us on a better cleaning track (plus reminding us about things we didn’t even know about).

We plan to get a little notebook and write down the various things we’d like to do for the house.  I want a screen on the window by my shower, so I can open that (to let the steam escape) without letting critters into my shower with me.  I would also like to get some blinds for the window looking right into my bedroom doorway.  David wants to pave the area where our trashcan and recycle bin are (currently a lovely muddy area).  I would also like to plant some roses and irises in the front of the house.  And we need to do some work on dog-proofing the side yard and work on making the backyard usable.  

But all in all, we are quite happy with the house.  I am so glad to have all the crazy bullshit from our realtor and our lender behind us.  And I’m thrilled beyond words to never have to speak to them ever again.

As a housewarming gift, my brother has bought us a self-inking return-label stamp with our new address.  Awesome, because I had already been scoping those and planned to purchase one for us anyways.  This just saves us $30!  ::grins::

I got to watch the moonrise from my bedroom.  I’m thrilled as this wasn’t something I was able to do in my apartment.  I’m a huge moon-lover, so I’m loving that unexpected gift.  And David gave me a chest thing he had to serve as my new altar.  I was explaining to him what I was wanting him to build for me (an altar that had storage abilities underneath, to keep my sacred items safe) and he said it already had something identical to what I was describing – and then graciously gave it to me!  He continues to just floor me with his generosity.  I need to step up my game and get on the same level as he is.  It is certainly something worth striving for.

No comments:

Post a Comment