Saturday, April 9, 2016

Grad School Brain Ramblings



Well holy jeez!  I forgot to write an entry for yesterday!  ::laughs::  I swear I have Grad School Brain (akin to Pregnancy Brain from what I've been told).  I'm just forgetting all sorts of stuff!  But at least I'm currently on top of school work!  I guess that counts for something!

So I bit the bullet, and ordered a Bullet Journal from BulletJournal.com on Friday.  I've been hemming and hawing about it back and forth.  And you know what?  It's just $20, which is what I typically spend on a journal ANYWAYS, so why not just buy and jump right on in?  I'm hoping that it will help me be a bit more efficient and to have a game plan for the day.  ::laughs::  While it is grand fun at times to just fly by the seat of my -pants....it isn't the most productive or least stressful way of going through life.

I dunno.  I'm just sitting here thinking, "Holy shit, girl.  You are friggin' 34 years old.  You really should have your act more together than it currently is."  And with us getting the house and all of that craziness, money is going to be a bit tighter than it has been.  So I really need to get back into the swing of cooking at home.  And with the Hubs being told for the first time in his life that his cholesterol is too high, we both need to get a better handle on our eating habits.

Adding to the insanity mix, my MoonTime decided to show up......a week early.  Yay!  I knew it too.  Thursday (my utterly INSANE day), as I was stopping at QuikTrip gas station between my work meeting and heading into work itself....I typically get a Starbucks Frappuccino and chex mix to munch on during work.  But Thursday, chex mix didn't sound good at all.  Instead, I made a beeline to the beef jerky aisle.  Not only did I purchase a bag of beef jerky (at friggin' $7 for the bag), but I ate all of it at work.  Now, for those of you who don't know my eating habits, I'm not big on red meat.  I think the last time I had beef jerky was at least 2 years ago....if not longer.  So for me to spend that money on beef jerky....yeah, totally a tip off that The Bleed was soon upon me.  ::laughs::

I was supposed to go to the Pagan Group (coven? I dunno what it is at the moment), Thursday night, but with all the insanity that Thursday held....plus the fact that I still needed to finish up the last parts of my Damn Database Project of Doom, I wasn't able to.  I wish the group would meet on the weekends because I work until 7 pm during the week, but I know Hazel has offspring that she has to care for on the weekends.  ::shrugs::  It is what it is.  And honestly, I don't see myself being able to go to any of the group meetings until the semester is over anyways. 

I guess honestly, I'm still technically a Solitary with occasional forays into Coven-hood.  ::chuckles::  Whatever.  Labels don't really matter that much to me anyways.  Everyone has their preconceived ideas on what each label means, and sometimes it just requires too much effort to truly explain what I mean by certain labels.

Like when someone asks me what religion I am.  I used to call myself a heathen because that's what most people in the area called the Indians (Native Americans) and most of my beliefs run along that same vein.  But now, within the Pagan community, Heathen refers to Norse paganism.  Which I am not.  Like at all.  I mean, I like Skati but haven't worked with Her personally.  Oh, and I love mead.  But that's about all I have in common with the Norse that I'm aware of.  ::shrugs::

Ok, so I'm counting this as my Friday entry.  Now I'm going to go begin working on the last INFO 5000 essay question for the semester (due Monday).  And then HOPEFULLY later on tonight I'll remember to come back and write Saturday's entry.  ::laughs:: 

No comments:

Post a Comment