Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The Witch Queen

written: April 12th

I love the round about way I come across information I need. I’ve been pondering my Potent Dream and turning it over and over in my mind. Getting to know the groves and smooth planes of it. The grit and the aroma.

And I do believe I have found my Witch Queen’s name – Nicneven. Turns out, she’s a Scottish goddess (interesting, as most of the time, they’ll just say something’s Celtic....but all the places I’ve looked for information on her, it’s specific. She’s Scottish – which is my maternal grandmother’s lineage all the way). But…the interesting part? She’s called the witch mother…of Scottish Fae. ::narrows her eyes:: I do not deal with the fae. All the New Age-ers seem to believe that Fae are these adorable lil fairies that flit around spreading joy and lightness of heart to all they encounter.

That is a massive crock of shit. Fae are true chaotic nature creatures. They are not evil nor good....much like the tiger is neither good nor evil…even when it devours you.

In the movie Hook, Tinkerbell sums it up saying she’s so small, she only has room for one emotion at a time. And that is fae. If they are happy, they are 100% happy. But if they are angry, they are 100% angry. And I just don’t have any tolerance for their antics. They get banished swiftly and fully from every home I’ve ever lived in. My grandmother, long ago, likened them to the Mob. Sure you can ask a favor of them and they will grant it, but know the price they will exact will be harsh and typically at the worst possible timing. So yeah, I don’t traffic with fae, so I find it very interesting that this one came calling so strongly.

Nicneven is linked to Hecate (a goddess I’ve worked with in the past and still have a fondness for). And I found it interesting that her name is derived from Gaelic “Nic an Neamhain” which means “Daughter of Frenzy”. That immediately made me think of the Harpies, which are also called the Furies.

She is also linked with the Wild Hunt and with Samhain, which makes her perfect for me. But she’s fae, and geese (horrid animals) are sacred to her, so I’m extremely wary. But I’m thinking a formal introduction would be wise. After all, she had to go to a lot of work to get through the anti-fae boundaries I’ve put in place and recently reinforced. So if she’s willing to put forth that much effort, I should at least be polite and see what she wants.

::deep breath:: I just hope I don’t end up regretting this.

No comments:

Post a Comment