Friday, April 8, 2016

Thankful Thursday



written: April 7th 

I am thankful....
  1. that I'm done with Round 3 of The Damn Database Project.  I've just got one more round of it and then the semester is OVER. 
  2. that I made a 96 on my research paper for the above class!  That brings my GPA up to an 88.5.  WHEW!
  3. all the awesome things I get myself into on the internet.  I love traveling down one of the random rabbit holes and finding all sorts of new and interesting things.
  4. that this time next week, we will have closed on the house.  FINALLY. 
  5. the bluebonnets are in bloom.  Love those flowers.
  6. that more and more I'm seeing through the bullshit of others.  The drama that so many people find themselves swept away by, is nothing but white noise to me.  I no longer feel a need to jump in the mess with them.
  7. my absolutely goofy but amazing students, who continue to make me laugh, day in and day out...even on the really crazy/stressful days.
  8. only one more week of the horrible choir practice in my cafeteria.  The noise level and chaos levels of just having them in the cafeteria with my after school program leaves me utterly drained by the end of my shift each day. 
  9. that I've taken the plunge and purchased a bullet journal.  I'm hoping this will help streamline my life a bit and keep me on better track with my school work.  We'll see!
  10. how good it felt to donate that large arctic wolf poster (a print of a Jim Brandenburg photograph) and an entire trash bag FULL of plush animals, to the In-Sync Wildlife Center.  I really should go out and visit that sanctuary again.

I didn't write yesterday.  I spent a ton of time working on my major Database Project, and thus, by the time I allowed myself to fall into bed...there were just no more words left inside me, nor a desire to spend ANYMORE time in front of the computer.  ::chuckles::  But now that Round 3 is done, I'm giving myself a bit of a well deserved break.  Time to get some art journaling done in Lavender Panda's journal.  Time to get caught up on my own personal writings.  And time to continue researching more about the bullet journal technique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment