Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Slow Going

written: Dec 29

Photo 638/1001

0638

David finished up my bathroom. There are a few little things left to do, but he’s almost completely done. And I love the way it turned out. The walls ended up a darker gray than we had planned, but I think it still looks friggin’ amazing. Now, I’m taking my time to figure out what to keep in my bathroom and what to get rid of. I definitely want to keep my bathroom looking nice.

I found a Staples store sort of near my work. And seeing as how I’m about halfway through my current journal, I thought I would swing by and pick up some new ones. I ended up picking up two new journals and 3 composition notebooks – they were on sale. So I’m set for a while on journals, I think. It seems they are phasing out the journals I use – they only had it in blush pink. Yeah, thanks but no thanks. I guess I’ll have to order them from the Poppin’ website instead of Staples once I get back around to needing a new journal.

I’ve decided to change things up in 2020 with my handwritten journal. I’m not going to set aside a full page for each day, as I’ve skipped over at least half, or only written two or three sentences for the day. Instead, I will just write when the need strikes and not force it to be so structured. Rigidness with my journaling practice seems to be the kiss of death for any sort of creativity. I definitely need to remember that.

I did finally begin gathering together my grad school papers. I’ve got a bin I’m putting them all in and then I just have to take the bin downstairs when it’s time to burn them. I am thinking of keeping some of the ash from the papers, like a talisman for knowledge and dedication. I dunno. I’ll probably toss it after a year or so. But for now, I’m just not 100% ready to let it go.

Other than that, I am slowly going through my stuff and tossing the obvious trash. I just keep getting overwhelmed and have to take a break. Honestly, I should set a 15-minute timer and just see what I can get through in that amount of time. Instead I look at the massive amount of work I need to get done, and panic and leave the room. ::laughs:: Needless to say, I’m not making much headway in this department at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment