Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Culturally Deaf

written: Dec 30

Photo 639/1001

0639

Dragon poster we put up at work for the Chinese New Year. I wanted a giant rat, as 2020 will be the year of the rat, but Dustin nixed that idea. ::sighs:: So instead, we went with the dragon because it’s “Chinese”. Can we say culturally deaf here?

I don’t know what I did to my eye, but it is sore as hell. It’s tender to the touch and feels like I have a black eye, but I don’t. ::shrugs:: I’m sure it’s something to do with allergies.

I have to write my Full Moon ritual soon for the Coven. That’s on January 12th. And I need to verify that I have all the herbs and whatnot that the spell jars will require. And then I should probably begin doing some research on Beltane rituals, as I am responsible for that as well. It will fulfill the public ritual requirement for my class work with the Coven. Of course it would be one of the sabbats I care the least about. ::shakes her head:: Oh, well. It will push my creativity, as I find a way to connect with the sabbat while still putting my own spin on it. ::smiles::

I am getting so close to the end of The Chestnut Man. It’s such a good book. Another book in the horror/suspense genre. I almost brought it home with me, in hopes that I could finish it tonight. But I decided to be realistic. By the time I get home from my late shift, I have just enough time to check the mail, get something to eat, and hang out with my husband for about 30 minutes before I have to head to bed. Yeah, there was no way I would finish the book....OR I would not get any sleep because I stayed up late reading. So I left it at work and I can finish it tomorrow. I kind of like the idea of finishing this book on the last day of the year.

Then I have a copy of The Sisters of the Winter Wood by Rena Rossner. JoAnn recommended it in the Journaling group. So I snagged that from my local library and can start reading that in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment