Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Mother of all Migraines

Monday was not a fun day. I got roped into helping Dustin set up for his clay volcano project on the fly. And then, pretty much everything I did, he acted as though I did it in the most wrong way possible. But, he never gave any directions to me on how he wanted things set up. And he would wait until I had set up all 12 tables a certain wait before sighing, and going back and changing the way it was set up. His OCD was in massive overdrive, but he couldn’t articulate how he wanted/needed things set up.

Seriously, I was legit pissed by the time we had everything set up. For a guy that wants everything done as early as possible, he had ZERO game plan going into this. ::rolls her eyes:: So, needless to say, I’m sketching out how the layout was and will be keeping that for future reference should we do this stupid project again. Because, I flat out refuse to do that again by the seat of my pants.

And then, while I was out on desk (meaning out in the public area, to help patrons should they require it), I was trying to get all my story-times for next week written up and gathering the required books for that. I was PLANNING on doing that the two hours I was slated to be off-desk except that Dustin roped me into that clusterfuck of setting up the craft room. So I’m sitting out there, typing at the speed of the light, and Pedro – our (shitty) volunteer – comes by. And even though I am OBVIOUSLY busy, he feels entitled to whisper his pet name for me – Trouble. ::gags and shakes her head:: We are NOT close enough for him to be using a pet name. And I was BUSY, so I just straight up ignored him, hoping he would get the point. But of course, that wouldn’t be the case. Oh no. He had to continue to say it, progressively getting louder and louder. I should also note here that I had the beginnings of a massive stress headache churning due to the craft set up clusterfuck. So it finally reaches the level that I can’t ignore him any longer, so I snap at him “Do you NEED something?” And he just gives me his lazy smile…and I pretty much snarled at him “Can you just....NOT”. I then went back to my work.

What is it that makes men feel entitled to interrupt a woman who is CLEARLY busy doing something? And apparently, I am the only female at the library that Pedro does this to. Oh happy day, ain’t I just the luckiest damn gal alive. ::so much sarcasm:: I didn’t have it in me to have a legit talk with Pedro right then about how I did not like this stupid pet name bullshit. Honestly, I am surprised I was as civil as I was, with the rage I was already swallowing plus the pain level my headache was hitting. Hell, he is lucky that I didn’t really bite his head off in that moment. But yeah, I WILL be having that talk with him soon. And if it continues after the talk, then I will bring it up to Dustin and Denise (when she gets back from vacation).

Tuesday, I stayed home, still rocking the migraine from yesterday. It didn’t let up until around 4 pm. I did manage to get a shower in. I really needed that. Then it was just lounging with Josey, waiting until David got home. Oh, I did pick him up a grid-dot journal like I have. I was showing him the bullet journalling that I’m doing, and said it would be great to do the same for all his various projects – guitar, home, etc. So I picked up one for him and he’s rather excited to get started with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment