Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Closing a Chapter

written: Dec 31

Photo 640/1001

0640

All my papers from Grad School, in one place.

20191231_180401

Yep, I got home today early from work and I went ahead and burned them all.

20191231_180601

You know, it’s hard work to crumple up that many papers to feed into the flame.

20191231_184005

There is so much ash now.

But I feel like it was the right time to do it. Truly closing the door on a Chapter of my life so that I can begin a new Chapter.

I finished up The Chestnut Man. Sooooooo good. It’s another book that I was sad to see end, and that the ending left the possibility of another book. I don’t think there will be, but it does leave with one hell of a hook if the author were to continue the story.

I have decided not to continue the 1001 photo challenge. It was left over from a previous 101 Goals in 1001 Days that I ended up completely scrapping. This was the only thing I was still doing from that set of goals. And honestly, I don’t enjoy it anymore. I would rather focus on GOOD photos of things that I genuinely want to share instead of “Oh fuck. It’s 11:30 pm and I don’t have a picture for today….here’s a pic of my toothbrush” type photos.

It just feels right. So many changes this year. I’ve closed the door on so many chapters in my life.
I’ve completed my Master’s Degree.
I’ve left the after school program on my own terms (AND they are just beginning to realize how difficult that job is, and how friggin’ easy I made it look).
I’ve started a new job, in my new career field, and am loving it.
I’ve joined a new Coven and will be initiating in March.
I’ve finally found medication that works for me and my chronic depression.

2019 was a year of changes and challenges. But I came through it all, and I’m still here. I’m standing in my own power. Shark was definitely a potent Totem for this year. And She certainly pushed me Forward (my word of the year), even when I was doing my best to back-peddle. ::chuckles::

No comments:

Post a Comment