Friday, December 30, 2016

Tailspin/TailSPEND

Only makes sense that I’ve gone into a damn tailspin (or is it a tail SPEND???) here.
My spending has been out of the control.
Like no. Seriously. OUT. OF. FUCKING. CONTROL.

I spent $53 on Candy Crush level boosts because it was just $1.07 a pop. I have an addiction to the damn game.

I’ve put $400 on my credit card this month alone. And one of my goals was not to use my credit card ONCE until my birthday in NOVEMBER 2017.

Like what the ever loving FUCK, Wolfie????

I wish I could say it was for a good cause. Like I’m donating money to charity. Or purchasing items from a charity that does good things in the world. But that would be a big fat lie. I’m just spending to be spending and it’s money I don’t even fucking HAVE.
But it’s been a good wake up call to me. Time to tamp that shit down tight.

So little goals to do for January:
- remove my credit card from my PayPal account
- DON’T SPEND ANYMORE ON FUCKING CANDY CRUSH FOR GOD’S SAKE
- call my credit card and see about getting a lower interest rate (haven’t missed a payment in years now, so this should be fairly easy to do)
- talk to my bank about a loan (if their interest rate is lower than the CC, how much of a loan, for how long, what will the monthly payments be, etc)
- take the bank info and mull over it for at least 48 hours (talk it over with my mom)
- I’m also instituting the 48 hour rule for any non-necessary purchases

2 comments:

  1. You could shop around other banks as well. Here in NZ, there's always a special deal going with balance transfers i.e. if you change your existing credit card to a new bank, they'll lock the interest rate in at some ridiculously low rate for either 6 or 12 months, enough to make a serious dent in it - especially if you don't activate the new card when it arrives in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, thanks! There are a number of banks in the area that I could check out and see who has the best deal. I hadn't thought of that. :)

      Delete