Monday, December 19, 2016

December Full Moon Ritual

Ok, getting around to writing about the final full moon ritual of 2016. Woohoo!

So Full Moon was on the 14th....and I came home with a NASTY headache, so I pushed my ritual back to the 15th instead. One of the VERY few traditional laws I follow about ritual/ceremony/magick, is that you do NOT do it if you aren’t feeling well. Funky feeling = funky magick.

First up, altar by candle light:
alt text

Altar lit solely by candle flames make my lil heathen heart so giddy. Seriously, never gets old. And getting to sit in front of one and just bask in the magick? Just awesome.

Altar with the lights on:
alt text

Going left to right, starting at the top:
Galaxy Coyote (just adore her).
Athame.
Red seven-day candle for Sekhmet.
White candles in clear glass holders for the Full Moon.
Little green vial – Anoint Oil by Sage Goddess (seriously, LOVE it – though, I love her Muse oil better…I just haven’t been able to get my lil paws on a bottle of it yet).
Golden Sekhmet statue (gift years ago from Susan, an old friend that has since fallen off the face of the earth, sadly).
White selenite sphere (symbol of the Full Moon).
Altar pentacle with Midnight Maiden necklace by Luna Blue Boutique.
Orange seven-day candle for Sekhmet (originally a “Gratitude” candle by Sage Goddess).
Tumbled Galaxite stone (from Sage Goddess) that I utterly adore. I’ve been carrying it in my pocket for weeks now and love the feel of it in my hand.
The other white candle in clear glass holder for the Full Moon.
Three sacred feathers.
Incense burner with “Antique Sandalwood” incense by Oakheart Creations.

Sekhmet by candle light:
alt text

Post ritual selfie 01:
alt text

Post ritual selfie 02 (I couldn’t decide which one I liked better):
alt text

And a shot of Josey, resting her head on my ritual skirt:
alt text

Just two more rituals left in 2016 to be accomplished: Yule and my Tabula Rasa.

No comments:

Post a Comment