Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Tabula Rasa: Part II

Ok, I’ve had a bit of time to process and make a new plan of attack for next year’s Tabula Rasa ritual, so hopefully it won’t suck so much.

Archangel Azrael popped up for a bit while I was moping around about how anticlimactic the whole thing was. His pearl of wisdom: “Better to try and muck it up, than to sit on your hands and WISH you had done it.”

And honestly, that sums up my word and game plan for 2017 (which will get its own entry in due time).

So photos from the botched Tabula Rasa ritual earlier today:

Altar:
alt text

This altar was all about my wants and tastes and desires, as the Tabula Rasa ritual is all about me.

Going left to right:
Purple altar cloth
Sekhmet with her Red and Orange seven-day candles (She was not front and center as usual, because this ritual focused on me).
Jam jar with rain water (element Water)
Athame (black-handled ritual blade)
Red silk pouch – houses my Gilded Tarot deck
Acorn (element Earth)
Notebook paper – what I wrote my year review notes on (I have since typed it up and will print it out to put in my Grimoire binder)
Purple journal (for ritual notes/ideas/scribbles)
Typed sheets of paper – my 101 Goals in 1001 Days list that begins on January 1st.
Red candle – symbol of me (also element Fire)
Incense burner with eagle feather and Scorpio incense – my astrological sign (and element Air).

Tarot Spread:
alt text

I’ve got the notes typed up for this as well. It will also be printed out and I’ll scribble my own thoughts all over it. This will also go into the Grimoire binder with the ritual write up.

And my traditional post-ritual Selfie:
alt text

Not my best photo. The light is harsh because I did this ritual much earlier in the day than I normally would. And man, I just look puffy in the face – thanks allergies for that bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment