Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Tabula Rasa Ritual


Damn, the Tabula Rasa ritual ended up being one hell of a letdown.

I did the hard leg work a few days back, of reviewing the past year’s highlights and low spots. Going through calendars, journals, Facebook, planners, blogs, etc. for an entire year took more than a minute! ::laughs:: But I got that done.

And I realized that while everyone is complaining about 2016 being such a shit-tastic year, honestly? For me, it was a pretty good one. Granted my depression was more at the forefront than in previous years (or maybe, I was just taking more note of it this year?) and we did have to put Holly (Ole Lady Dog) down, but all in all, 2016 was a fairly good year for me.

The ritual itself was rather anticlimactic after all the work I put into it.

But it’s done now.

I just need to work up the Tarot reading I did and I’m done until next year.

What I did RIGHT:
- The leg work
- Decorating the altar for me
- Incense selection (Scorpio)
- Ritual cleansing shower (nice conditioner, scented body scrub/wash)
- My necklace (Lil Sorceress)
- The skirt – seriously loving it!

What I will do BETTER next time:
- Practice and streamline my personal Circle Casting
- Ritual should be at night or at least the evening. Sun needs to be down. I work better that way.
- Read over the Tabula Rasa write up in Sage Woman a MONTH before and start preparing a MONTH before the day I want to do my ritual
- Put more planning down on paper and FOLLOW THROUGH
- Flowers!
- Overall, just put MORE effort into it. I put all the effort into the year review and the upcoming 101 Goals in 1001 Days prep than into the Tabula Rasa ritual itself.

To Do NOW:
- Write up the Tarot Reading and see what’s in store
- Finish off the Tabula Rasa ritual with the Moon Boon (write a wish down for the upcoming year and burn it)
- Locate and print out a ritual design cheat sheet and put it to work
- Purchase a copy of Women’s Rites, Women’s Mysteries and re-read it

No comments:

Post a Comment