Monday, August 1, 2016

Planning for the Future

written: July 29th



I have begun working on my birthday goals.  I have a personal tradition of creating a list of goals each year on my birthday – one goal for every year I have been alive.  This year, I have to come up with 35 goals – hence why I am starting on it now, 104 days in advance.  I am up to 27 goals at the moment.  I will rework and tweak them many times over before November 10th.

I need to locate the 34 goals I made on last year’s birthday.  I don’t even remember what I wrote down.  But I need to find it, update it, and see how may I can cross off the list between now and November 10th.  And I am pretty sure there are a few goals I can carry over into this new list as well.

And I need to figure out what day I will be doing my Tabula Rasa ritual (“Clean Slate”).  Once I get that figured out, I need to get started on all the preparation that goes into this rather labor intensive ritual.  I will need to do my year review (of the high and low points).  I will need to gather together any goals I have made this previous year and review those.  THEN I will need to figure out what all will be covered in the ritual itself.  And once I get this year’s ritual written (it seems to change each year, as my needs/wants/desires for the ritual evolves), then I can start all THAT preparation as well.  ::laughs::  Seriously, it’s like a week long ritual between the preparation, the ritual itself, and then summing up the ritual and the various oracle/Tarot readings I do during the ritual.  I am thinking of doing it over Winter Break sometime – when I do not have any work or school obligations.  That way I can focus solely on myself and the ceremony.  After all, I have been wanting deeper meaning rituals.  So I figure this is good one to really go all out on.  Hopefully by doing it this way, the ceremony will be even more meaningful and insightful to me.

Not saying that I won’t perform good rituals for Lammas, Mabon, Samhain, and Yule…or any of the Esbats (Full and/or New Moons)…it’s just that none of them are as labor intensive as the Tabula Rasa ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment