Monday, August 1, 2016

40 Questions Round 4



written: July 30th
 
Continuing on with the 40 Questions Witchy Tag.

Question #17: Are you out of the broom closet?  How do your friends and family feel about it?  I am out of the broom closet with family and friends.  I don’t go blabbing to everyone that I’m Pagan, but if I am asked, I don’t deny it.  I am in the broom closet at work though.  I work in Texas, in the education field, with elementary aged children – so yeah, coming out there would really be putting my job on the line.  And I cannot afford to lose this job at this time.  I am hoping once I am finished with my Master’s degree and have a job in the library field, I can be more open about being Pagan.  As for how my family and friends feel about it – they accept it as a part of who I am.  ::shrugs::  How else would they react?

Question #18: What is something that inspires you?  Damn, ask me a hard one, why don’t you?  There are so many things that inspire me.  The natural world for one.  My husband – he’s a much kinder person than I am, even though he’ll deny it.  ::laughs::  All the awesome and wonderful things my friends and family do each day.  I guess, in short, LIFE inspires me.

Question #19: Do you have an altar?  YEP.  I’ve had an altar for the past 20 years and I don’t see myself ever NOT having one.  Honestly, I plan to have a few more soon.  ::laughs::  I have the standard one up in my room.  This is where I do most of my rituals and ceremonies.  I have a very naturalist one outside comprised of the crape myrtle tree we planted in Holly’s memory (miss ya, Ole Lady Dog) and daily offerings of incense.  I would like to expand that one a bit more, and make a protected nook of some sort that would shield the incense from the wind.  So I don’t have to relight the same incense stick half a dozen times to get it to burn down completely.  And once we install a fire pit (not for a while though), that will become an altar of sorts as well. 

Question #20:  What is a spell you have done?  I’ve done spells for so many things – for good grades, a good semester, to find a good job, to help my husband get a good job, to banish depression, to heal a friend, to find a way to make the money I need so I can go on my Polar Bear trip, to make me invisible to cops when I’m speeding along (one of my favorites), for safe travels, etc, etc.  Pretty much, any prayer can be made into a spell.

Question #21: Do you have a totem animal?  What is it?  I have many totems I work with.  My soul totem is the Wolf.  But I’ve also worked with Bear, Hummingbird, Snake, Owl, Caribou, Deer, Hawk, Rhino, Crow, Blue Jay, Snail, Turtle, etc, etc.  Most come and go as I need to learn something.  Wolf, Hawk, Snake – these have stuck around for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment