Friday, August 26, 2016

Thankful Thursday



I am thankful….
1.       Really getting back to my spiritual core and I’m finding it stronger, wilder, more beautiful, and so much wiser than when I left it behind a while ago.  Seems it needed its time in the wilderness to truly hone its teeth and it came back when I was ready for her.
2.       Laser pointer.  I wasn’t able to take Josey for a walk today (due to the lawn care guys plus trash and recycling guys), but I was still able to run her utterly ragged TWICE in the side yard having her chase the laser pointer.
3.       Gail, my new zone leader.  She’s been very quick to help out with all the insanity at my campus and I am very grateful for that.
4.       Leviathan’s hatch-day cards arrived this week and they are pretty damn awesome.  Can’t believe my lil serpent girl is turning TEN years old in September!
5.       Finally able to snag one of Luna Blue Boutique’s awesome crystal pendants.  The Little Sorceress just enthralled me and I couldn’t walk away from it.  So it was a bit more than I had budgeted in the fun money part of my paycheck this time around, but that just means I will have to buckle down on the next paycheck to make up for the deficit.
6.       The good staff members that I do have.  They are truly amazing and I am very lucky to have them.  Especially with the insanity of my campus.
7.       Finally cutting the internet ties to Andy on FaceBook.  I just couldn’t handle the negativity he spews everywhere and especially when it’s directed at me and my friends.  Enough was enough and he had to go.  And I feel so much better about it.
8.       That one of my former students stopped by today just to say hello.  Jonathan hasn’t been in my after school program for about 5 years now, but he apparently remembered us fondly enough to stop by to say hello.  That’s one of the biggest compliments one can give about my after school program.
9.       The way my room is set up.  I finally like where everything is and it all feels comfortable.  Like it really is MY room.  Finally.
10.   Back to school sales!  Gimme all those notebooks and spirals and pens and 3-ring binders and make it dirt cheap!  Hells yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment