Monday, August 29, 2016

Institute Day 2



Ok we are on Day 2 of INFO 5600 Institute (a fancy name for two long ass days of class – 8 am to 5 pm).  Hopefully, since we did “awesome” ice breakers yesterday (yep that’s a shit ton of sarcasm there) and got our groups sorted out for the semester, we are done with the forced socialization.  Which, honestly, the ice breaker was the worst, but my actual group is pretty awesome.

Once I got home, man, I was so keyed up after sitting for 9 hours straight in lecture.  I ended up taking Josey for the full H.G. loop (both sides of our street cul-de-sac) and then did 25 minutes on the elliptical!  I am just very tired of being overweight, of random pains, and of being out of shape.  I am ready for a change already.

We went to another of Sam’s soccer games on Saturday and I want to play.  But I know right now, there is no way.  I would utterly die.  But it gives me something to strive toward.  That and Krav Maga classes.  I want to be able to do both of these – and to do that I have to get into shape.

But back to INFO 5600 – this is the last mandatory classes.  And this one is quite labor intensive if I am understanding everything.  I will certainly have to put in a LOT of time and effort to stay on top of it all.  And I haven’t even looked at the work load for my 2nd class.  Oye!  Hopefully it won’t have as heavy a work load as INFO 5600.  If it does, I won’t have much of a life outside of work and college until December.

So I was feeling a twinge of guilt over unfriending Andy – I know.  It sounds so silly, but it is what it is.  So I hopped over to his FaceBook page and the sheer UGLINESS contained in his posts actually made my stomach churn.  Beyond disgusting.  Needless to say, I feel zero guilt now.  And actually my overall mood has improved since cutting him out of my life.  I never realized just how toxic he had truly become.

No comments:

Post a Comment