Monday, August 1, 2016

Anxiety

written: July 30th



We were up bright and early to attend Little Nephew’s 2nd birthday party at the Children’s Museum AND meet my Little Niece for the first time.  I did not realize just how popular the Children’s Museum in Houston was.  We were in the toddler area and the sheer number of tiny children there, plus all the accompanying adults, really brought out a high level of anxiety – that even began triggering my paranoia.  But I just kept focusing on the fact that I was there for Little Nephew and some deep breathing and I was mostly ok.

I was thrilled to head back to the hotel with my Mom after an hour or two.  Around 3 or 4 pm we headed over to my brother’s house to hang out with just the family.  Bro cooked hamburgers which were so good – and that’s saying something, as I am not a huge hamburger fan.  We hung out until about 7 pm before calling it a day.

I love my Brother’s new house.  It is a 4 bedroom, 2 and a half bath (I think).  I love the set up and it certainly would have worked well for what David and I were wanting in a house.  I might have to sketch the layout to keep in case later on we have a house built for us.  I would like to blend Brother’s house and the house that David and I loved on Lavaca Street (but that we were WAY out-bid on; plus, as it turns out, it was just outside of our budget).

All in all, a very good, but very exhausting day.  I had forgotten how much energy anxiety and paranoia sap out of me.  It is only 9:30 pm, but I think I am headed to bed here shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment