Thursday, August 18, 2016

Thankful Thursday



I am thankful…
1.       The week of orientation has gone pretty well.  The class I gave over documentation and notification of parents was extremely well-received and I got a TON of positive feedback.  Even though it was extremely anxiety inducing, I am glad I did it.  It was a great experience for me.
2.       Beautiful rainy weather we’ve had all week.  It’s been wonderful to have a WEEK of August that the temperature didn’t break 80 degrees.  And the rain always makes my heart happy.
3.       Delicious crisp apples and honey peanut butter.  It’s the little things in life that are sometimes the best.
4.       Pleasant full moon ritual with Hazel.  I needed some good ritual time with another Witch. 
5.       Getting to sleep in an extra hour this week, as Orientation starts at 9 pm (while the Technology job started at 8 am).  It’s been really pleasant.  And I’m really looking forward to once school starts, of sleeping in a little bit more than that.  ::laughs::
6.       Laser pointer that Josey is now completely obsessed with.  It’s an easy way to help burn off the extra energy she has.
7.       That the loose dog we encountered on our walk this past weekend, had zero interest in Josey and I.  It was extremely humbling to realize that I was NOT really at the top of the food chain and to KNOW in my bones that if that dog chose to, it could have inflicted real damage on Josey and I.  But I am deeply, deeply, DEEPLY grateful that it chose to remain on its side of the street and continue on, doing whatever it had set out to do.
8.       Making a new friend at Orientation – I seem to attract the loud, flashy, slightly-nutty older women.  ::laughs:: 
9.       My Wifey – Sam.  ::laughs::  She’s my husband’s lesbian coworker that jokes that I’m her wife, and that she is kind enough to share me with David.  We’re going to go cheer her on at her championship soccer game tomorrow night.
10.   Josey – that lil shit of a dog is just too damn cute.  And she’s completely wormed her way into my heart, so even when she does some of the most IRRITATING shit….she’s still friggin’ adorable.  ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment