Monday, March 30, 2015

2nd Snake Sighting of the Year

Second Snake Sighting of the Year.
And this time, I caught it!

Meet Bacon, the Texas Brown Snake (Storeria dekayi texana):

alt text

Mason J., one of my students said he had a surprise for me.

And I thought to myself Oh shit. Because when one of MY students says this, it’s either going to be super awesome....or super AWFUL.

He calmly lifted up his backpack and out slithered this tiny little six inch snake.
Which I squealed with delight and promptly caught.

Definitely as super awesome surprise.

alt text 

alt text

I opted to keep Bacon for the day and then transport him to my apartment and let him go by the creek that runs behind the apartments. I’ve caught Texas Browns here previously, and the place is stocked up with earthworms and slugs and plenty of leaf litter for him to hide under.

Totally awesome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment