Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thankful Thursday 03.26.15

I am thankful...
  1. awesome Western Ribbon Snake I almost caught yesterday -- gorgeous little snake!
  2. mini-daffodils I bought at Wal-Mart this morning for less than $3.
  3. hilarious antics of my students I get to enjoy daily.  Love these guys.
  4. my daily walks in the woods and all the awesome wildlife and nature found in this tiny niche.
  5. Leviathan being super active here recently.  I just wish I could give her a larger and more mentally stimulating enclosure.
  6. getting to see Dusty (a good friend) live out his dreams -- he and his family are living in Puerto Rico.  It's just so awesome and I am so very happy for him!
  7. gorgeous weather we've had recently (not counting today). 
  8. really honing in on what it is I believe in and what makes up my own personal customs (as opposed to the term "religion").  I finally feel like I'm beginning to have solid ground beneath my feet in this realm.
  9. simplifying my art journaling.  I figured out I was getting so bogged down in painting pages and all that jazz that it was keeping me from actually journaling.  I've gone back to just including things I've cut out of magazines, printed from online, or just doodled around on the pages and am loving it.
  10. coming to recognize my personal hot-button topics and my knee-jerk reactions and am working on taking the venom out of them.  I'll always have topics/situations that really get my hackles up, but I'm striving towards pausing and choosing the best course of action.  If that's scorching the earth, then so be it....but I at least want to be able to pause and weigh my various options, instead of always going to the scorched earth policy right off the bat.  *chuckles*

No comments:

Post a Comment