Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Young Bobcat

alt text
 
ART: Bobcat
ARTIST: Cristian-M

Took Holly for a walk today, through my wooded trail.
I was simply enjoying the flowering trees.
I spotted some movement ahead in the brush. A flash of brown.
I figured it was a squirrel or maybe one of the local bunnies.

Imagine my shock when I paused and focused and found myself locking gazes with a wild bobcat.

She was a good 20 feet ahead of us, looking back at us over her shoulder, clearly nervous.

I would have loved to have gotten a better look at her, but figured her life is rough enough. She doesn’t need a human and a LARGE dog (especially when compared to her size), following her. So instead, I cut our walk short and turned around.

She’s a young bobcat, less than 2 years old.

The whole thing gave me such serious goosebumps and one hell of a high. Love the wildlife we get here.

And as long as they behave properly (ie, show fear/nervousness when humans are around, do their best to avoid human contact, etc) and show no signs of disease, I have no problem letting them go on about their lil lives.

Love, love, love it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment