Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Cry Out

written March 1st, 2015

As I curl up
legs tucked up
nice and warm
in this den
my room
(though the bed honestly sucks)
I realize
yet again
I am out of Touch

I’ve been listening to Brule Airo’s
Vision Quest
and before the music begins
they thank those out on
The Mountain
Crying for a Vision *
they thank those
about to Go
and they deeply thank those
Who Have Already Been
for the good of the people

And gods
how I scoffed at that
and asked aloud
what good have The People done for me
And damn
the arrogance
choked the air from me
Vision Quest is about Humility
and I’ve lost all
of mine

And the Quiet engulfed me
and let my self-centered question echo
for a time
until I could hear it
for what it is

Pride cometh before the Fall

Lose your prickly pride lil Wolf
Smooth down your porcupine quills

The fire has gone out inside me
And the only way to rekindle that Flame
is to humble myself before The Divine
upon a Mountain
and Cry out for a Vision
once more

Note * : The Lakota word for Vision Quest is Hanbleceya, which literally translates into “Crying for a Vision”

No comments:

Post a Comment