Saturday, March 28, 2015

Sharing the Truth

I am not a Christian. And as such, a large portion of the Christian population take it as their SOLE (soul?) MISSION in life to make my life a living hell. Those are the ones I loathe. Those are the ones I have no respect for. Those are the ones that I delight in shredding their Illusions.

But there is another group of Christians. Ones that I am blessed to call friend and ally.

Damon is one of those. And I just have to share the beauty he wrote today:
I am a Christian. I will walk the path that He has laid before me on my journey to meet with God. I will treat my neighbors as my equal regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, or faith. I will strive to live in harmony with my fellow man, fellowshipping with those that share my truth, sharing my truth with those that will listen, and understanding those who’s truth differs from my own, for we are all Gods creatures. I will treat those around me with kindness and respect regardless of their attitude toward me because that is His way. I will lift those less fortunate than myself above me for that is His way. I will stand to represent the oppressed, for that is His way. Though I strive to live if dying is ask of me I will face the fate of my path because that is His way. Love, Respect, Humility, Tolerance, Compassion, Caring, Understanding, Learning, Teaching, Acceptance. This is His way, and His is my way.

My response was simply I honor the Truth in you, as you honor the Truth in me.

Because, even with my gift of gab and my witty remarks, I was left speechless and humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment