Thursday, March 5, 2015

Butt Snow Angels

So this is a running gag Gloria (rest in peace) and I had going back in 2007. Somehow we got on the subject of doing butt prints in the snow.

Gloria wrote this post in January 2007:

Ok. Have to do this. Will wait till dark under a full moon … roflmao … then take the photo in the morning .... unless the snow continues in which case I’ll use my night setting and get it done on the spot!

Ass angels, ass angels …
You’re mighty fine
I can’t think of anything
that thrills me in kind.

To stalk out at night
and sit in the snow
with one moon above
and mine down here below

A picture so rare
and a one of a kind
My butt is quite scrawny
I hope you won’t mind

It’s not the aesthetics
That lead me outdoors
It’s more for the laughs
and from Walks there’ll be roars

The rest of you have to
just patiently wait
till it’s out of my system
Nona sealed my fate

By sending the note
that encouraged this gig
I hope that my neighbors
Don’t think I’m a pig.

I hope that the children
will all be asleep
when I take to my yard
and find snow that’s not deep

to sit in butt naked
and leave my I.D.
for you here in this group
to check out and see.

So Nona I thank you
for setting this up
with your cute little verse
that will show you I’m tough.

Because though I am skinny
and just have been sick
To let this escape
without doing the trick

would be just a damn shame
and I’d miss so much fun
now I’m anxious for snow
at the day’s setting sun

May not be this evening
but I’ll know when it’s right
to sneak out with my camera
and sizzle the night

With the warmth of my body
against that cold snow
then I’ll come in and try
warming up my mojo!

If you are still reading
the craziness here
you won’t be surprised
when my pictures appear.

I’ll do close ups and angles
and when they’re just right
Your email with bring you
this beautiful sight.

My butt in the moonlight
there must be some pun
to fit the occasion
But sure can’t think of one!

That’s a lie ‘cuz I have one
but a lady like me
prefers not to resort to
slang vulgarity.

So I’ll end with this note
to my friends young and old
Keep an eye out for email
that says ‘butts in the cold’.


And this is the photo she submitted Jan 20th, 2007:
alt text

Ever since then, I’d had intentions of holding up my side of the bargain.
Fire up the 1001 excuses. And sadly, Gloria passed away before I was able to honor our humor and our Butt Snow Angels agreement.

Yet, I’m happy to report, as of 7:30 am, I finally did it:
alt text

So Gloria, I miss you deeply, dear kindred soul (with a sense of humor just was warped as my own). And I know you were watching over me as I did this, to honor our friendship. *smiles*
Oh the hell we’ll raise when it’s my time to join you on the Other Side! *laughs*

No comments:

Post a Comment