Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thankful Thursday



I am thankful.....
  1. wonderful rainy/misty day and a wonderful long walk through the wooded trails with Holly.  No hobos.  No thugs.  No people.  Just me, Holly, the blue jays, squirrels, and wrens in the woods.  Talk about bliss.
  2. feeling all domestic today.  I got the bedsheets changed (amazing how that changes the whole atmosphere of my room), did a few loads of laundry, cleaned all the plastic-ware (has to be hand washed), and am planning to take out the trash before I head to work.
  3. wonderful, peaceful morning.  No Starbucks shift to screw it up all.  I was able to wake up when my body wanted to be awake, and then go about my morning as my heart dictated. 
  4. standing my ground without trying to be a huge asshole with Starbucks.  Gods know they've more than earned me being a completely unreasonable bitch....but I was raised better than that.
  5. the most amazing crab rangoon from Dragon Express last night -- and that it was David that suggested Chinese food (he's not always a fan).  But seriously, these things were to die for!  ::smiles::
  6. tried out my pair of Thinx Panties (period panties).  I plan to write up a whole entry on those, but long story short -- I'm totally sold on these.  So much better than pads (and I HATE tampons).  I've already purchased another pair.
  7. Jessica (one of my aids at the after school program) really stepping up and taking some serious charge.  She's planned some arts and crafts projects for the students, is planning a Winter Party, AND is single handedly reorganizing our closet/office/supply room.  I will certainly have to do something nice for her to show my gratitude.
  8. feeling a bit better about my impending birthday.  It will be low-key, but that's fine.  Next year's birthday will find me and my husband up at Wolf Park.  I told him that last night.  ::laughs::
  9. the downstairs neighbors are worlds better.  I haven't had to complain about them in a while now, and it's been a few months since I've had to call the cops.  It's great!
  10. awesome coloring sheets Ridley (one of my students) let me copy a few weeks back.  I am having a blast coloring them.  So soothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment