Thursday, November 5, 2015

Same Shit, Different Day



Another rough day at Starbucks.  Seriously, why the fuck do I even stay?

And it's not even like it's a brand new hell.  It's the same shit, different day.
Oh we ran out of half-n-half cream by 10 am.
Oh our second brewing urn has been broken for SEVEN months now.  Still haven't replaced it.
We had a BRAND-SPANKING new shift manager today that, I swear to god, looked like she was friggin' 12 years old.
And Shands (the boss) just now posted the schedule for NEXT FRIGGIN' WEEK.  Hmmm, thought Starbucks Corporate stated that we are supposed to have the current week up, PLUS the next TWO weeks?  Yeah.  Like THAT ever happens.

And guess what?  He fucked up the schedule again.

So, we have this blank weekly calendar that we are supposed to write in our time off requests that he is supposed to fill in the dates on for us.
He started November on a Monday (when it actually started on a Sunday), so the dates didn't match the days correctly.

So I wrote down the DATES I needed off.  One of those being this Sunday, because Monday I have a dentist appointment in my lil hometown.  (Because I'm a total creature of habit and comfort, and I've known this dentist for most of my life now and I don't want a new dentist damnit.)

I text him this morning, inquiring as to why I was working that day when I had asked for it off.  And he sent me a text back saying I didn't request that day off, and then sent me a photo of the time off request sheet......that HE had just changed the dates on to match the days....thus, making it appear that I did NOT ask for Sunday off.  ::growls::

I pointed out that I asked for specific DATES and it was all going fine, until he "Okay, we'll see what can be done for this week.  Would you be willing to switch with another partner for others days on this upcoming schedule?"

Most of the other partners work full time schedules.  I have a very limited time I'm available to work due to me running my after school program.  So I said that unfortunately, I couldn't do that, as November honestly has NO wiggle room.  Which is why I asked for my time off MONTHS ago.

And he retorted with "Okay, I'm sorry for the confusion, but I do expect you to work the days I have you scheduled for next week or find coverage."

Oh he was all willing to help before I said I can't take someone else's shift.  And now it's all my problem?  I was so pissed. 

I haven't responded yet.  But tomorrow I intent to text back basically saying "So wait.  Let me get this straight.  I put in the time off request for the DATES I needed off, MONTHS ago, like I am supposed to.  But because you messed up the time off forms and then changed them without double checking with people on the days they actually asked of for, it's somehow become my responsibility to fix your fuck up?"

And I feel like such a fucking moron.  I kept saying, "Oh, now that Darrell (previous boss) is gone, all this ass-fuckery is in the past.  It will be better."  And look at me now....it's the same damn shit.  Now granted, I don't foresee Shands acting like he's going to strike me (as Darrell did twice.....acted like he was going to...never did....I would have ended his life if he did), but this is the exact same shit Darrell did about the scheduling. 

And I've put up with this shit for TWO DAMN YEARS!  I just keep jumping from one abusive relationship to another it seems.  ::shakes her head::  At least the abusive jobs in child care paid worlds better!

So yeah, depending on Shands' response to me tomorrow (and I promise, it will be a polite version of my above text suggestion), I may or may not be working there ever again. 

And to make things even better?  I told all of this to David and he's like, "Fuck 'em."  And he likes the discount I get for being a partner and all that.  But seriously?   This is two years of the same bull shit.  It's just not worth it any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment