Monday, November 2, 2015

Samhain on Pause

written: Oct 31st



I have not celebrated Samhain yet.  I just have so much on my mind and plate at the moment, I barely feel like I can breathe at the moment.  I am a bit deflated and upset with a very nasty and grossly unprofessional encounter I had early this afternoon with the local Post Office manager.  And then spending a solid 20 minutes on the phone with either the absolute dumbest personal ever, or the most high, when lodging my official complain with the Postal Office headquarters really soured my overall mood for the day.

And then tomorrow I am working at Starbucks, and THEN I am babysitting for the Robinsons from 1 pm until 8 pm.  It is really going to make for a long day overall.  But at least it's the calmer shift at Starbucks (love those Sunday morning shifts to be honest), and the two Robinson kids are awesome.  So hopefully it won't be too crazy.

I am hoping to do my Samhain celebration on Monday.  It still falls close enough to the original date to still be viable.  I would rather wait a few days and properly celebrate it and honor my Ancestors, then to half-ass it on that date.

Once I get past Samhain, my birthday is looming on the horizon.  It's an interesting tug-of-war between excitement and apprehension.  I'm swinging between being excited for everything that grad school is symbolizing for me...and being utterly disappointed with how little I've "accomplished" for being 33 years old. 

I dunno why, but this year, I just feel like I should have done more, should have been more.  And I'm not even sure what this "more" is that I'm supposed to have or done...only that I haven't done enough.  And this is purely my internal feelings.  No one in my realm of friends or family has said and done one thing to make me feel like this.  Just me.  Just being really introspective currently.

Maybe that's another reason I'm procrastinating on celebrating Samhain.  I'm not sure how I will measure up in my Ancestors' eyes.  Especially since I've completely exploded on the genealogy front and have a TON of names and locations now for my Ancestors.

Oh well.  It will be what it will be.  There's no way to please all the world.  I have to do what is right for me and my immediate family.  Everything else can fall to the wayside.

No comments:

Post a Comment