Thursday, November 12, 2015

Birthday!



Let's play catch up, shall we?

Last I wrote, I was all geared up for a nice fight with the boss man -- that I had finally figured out WHY I was dreading it.  And why that was stupid.  So Monday, I was geared up and roaring to go.  And he was so apologetic and sorry and submissive, it just stole the snarls right out of my mouth!  I mean, I couldn't even tell him that December 1st will be my last day working there because it felt like I would be kicking a puppy.  In its FACE.  What the hell, man?!?!  ::sighs::  So I guess I'll just write a nice letter of resignation and leave that for him. 

Tuesday I had completely off of BOTH jobs because it was my birthday.  I turned the big 34.  Gods, how the hell did I get so old?  ::laughs::  Due to me staying up wayyyyy past my bedtime on Monday night, I wasn't planning on going to the zoo.  But my Mom called at 9 am to sing me happy birthday, and I figured since I was awake, I might as well go.  BEST DECISION EVER!

The zoo wasn't crowded.  The weather was GORGEOUS.  And just a great visit all around, even if my camera died before I was done.  I forgot to charge it the night before.  But I got STUNNING photos and really enjoyed myself.  I made it a point to go see the parts of the zoo I typically skip over (namely the hoof-stock, rhinos, hippos, and giraffes).  I had forgotten that our zoo has twin jaguar cubs, so that was a very cool surprise when I made it over to their side. 

And remember the Ghost Acorn I was talking about a while back?  Turns out the zoo has an even BIGGER acorn.  I got one of those on my way out of the zoo.  I plan to plant that one as well.  I'll need to get photos of it before then though. 

After that, I snagged a late lunch from Taco Bell and then took a DELICIOUS nap.  David got home around 9 pm and we did dinner at Red Lobster.  Then it was home to watch some Criminal Minds and then to bed.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, David decorated for my birthday.  So after my Mom had sung me happy birthday and I figured I should get up out of bed, I decided I need a home made Chai Tea Latte.  I came out of my room to see the huge Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle's happy birthday banner up, with two birthday balloons, and a card waiting for me.  Totally made my morning. 

I need to finish the final tweaks on my 34 Goals for my 34th Year.  Maybe tomorrow?  ::grins and winks::

No comments:

Post a Comment