Sunday, November 8, 2015

Power Dynamics

I have figured out why I’m so nervous (and totally avoiding) having the conversation with my boss that he wants to have. It’s about me being scheduled to work on a day I requested off MONTHS ago.

It’s because I was in the mindset that he, being the boss, has all the power. And me, being a lowly employee, have no power.

No wonder the Harpies have been chirping in my ear nonstop.

My MINDSET here is giving the boss all the power. He doesn’t actually have it. Any power that he does have? I am GIVING it to him.

And I’m done doing that.
I’m taking my power back.

This is my lil piddy Starbuck’s job. The one that over the course of last YEAR, I only made $6,000. Fuck that shit.

This job holds nothing but negativity for me.

So what’s the worst that can happen?

He’ll fire me? Oh pish. I’ll quit before then.
He’ll black list me in Starbucks so I can’t be hired back? Bitch, I won’t be back.
He’ll scream at me or advance to me in a manner that makes me fear for my physical safety? ::grins toothily and unsheathes her claws:: Please do. And see what happens.

Granted, this is Shands we are talking about and not Douche Bag Darrell (previous boss that did make me question my physical safety about a year ago), so I’m not too terribly concerned about him attacking me.

Honestly? I just want this shit over and done with. I’m ready to say my piece and let us move on to the next step – me telling him that Dec 1st (not the 16th) is my last day there.

Let’s do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment