Thursday, January 24, 2013

Self Care


via tumbler

I'm utterly exhausted.
My MoonTime wears me out. 
Bleeding for days on end....hmm, maybe my iron is low?
Would make sense.

I need to remember that I'm not meant to be Superwoman all the damn time.
My allergies have been kicking up and making me miserable.

I've been wanting to come here and write.
But each time I stare at the blank page, I scamper away.

Why is it so hard to take care of myself?
I know that right now, I should shut down my computer and crawl into bed.
It's early yet for me, at 11:35 pm.  I normally go to bed well past 1 am.
But I could fall asleep right now.
If I would but lay my lil head down.

And yet, I stubbornly refuse.
My MoonTime is a time that I should be resting.
I should be more spiritual.
I should stop pushing the physical limitations of my body.
And yet, I keep pushing. 
Stubborn mule that I am.

But I think I'll try this out, this Self Care.
And take my butt to bed.
Sad to think that it's a major production to just give a damn about myself......
 

No comments:

Post a Comment