Sunday, January 13, 2013

Potions and Serpents


Art by: Anticuss

Yesterday was the first time I met up with my Coven since September. 
A lot of people were absent, so it was a small group.
Just me, the High Priest, Steph, and Annie. 
But it was nice.
We had class over Potions.  It's not really something I am overly interested in, but it was good information. 
And it was good to reconnect.
And, as always, had GREAT food. 

I got the little sheer material bags in the other day that I'll be using for my Imbolc ritual.
I'm still working on the invocation to the Snake, who will preside over the Imbolc ritual I'm writing.
She's told me the gist of what She'll say once I embody Her.
Originally, She was going to give them shed skin to symbolize what each of us is outgrowing, and a wooden token with a snake on it for something they wanted to bring into their life.  But I worried that it would be too much for the ritual and cut the second gift out.
But now I remember that when you get rid of something, it leaves a void, and that void should be purposely filled, or just anything will fill it.  And that might not be filled with a good thing.
So now I'm  thinking a seed?  To symbolize something we wish to grow inside us? 
Or I might go back to her original idea of a wooden token.  I think I'll go with Her original suggestion of the token.

I need to pick up a few more wooden disks so I can be sure that every Coven member gets one.
We have 10 members total (including myself), but sometimes we have visitors, so I've made up 13. 
Might make another two just in case.
I would much rather have too many, than too few.

Still debating if I'll make a small mask or not, to help me connect with Serpent. 
Would be easy.
I guess, when I go in to pick up the wooden disks, I'll see if I can find a blank mask. 
If I can, then I'll use it.
If I don't, then I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment