Thursday, January 10, 2013

Random Call and Hawks


ART: Harris Hawk
ARTIST: Kittyoholic

So quite randomly, today I got a call at 9 am.  And anyone who knows me, knows this is a very stupid thing to do to me.  I value my sleep and it is quite wise to wait until after 10 to call or text me.
It was a number I didn't recognize so I just let it go to voicemail.  Well, then my curiosity was peaked and I had to know who had called.

Turns out, it was a director from a Montessori school I had interviewed with over a year ago.
Turns out, she's a director at a different Montessori school and wanted to know if I was interested in a lead teacher position.
So I stayed there curled up in bed, thinking, "Naw, don't really want a morning job."
But then, I got to thinking how a little bit of extra cash would be VERY helpful right now.  So why not?

So I call her back and am straight up with her that it would only be part-time in the morning that I would be available. 
And she asked when I could come in and do an interview. 
I said I'm free most mornings.
And she said, "How about right now?"

So, I get up and get dressed and get my butt out the door. 
Interview goes well.
She wants me to come back tomorrow to meet with the owner/business director as he's the one that has the final say. 
She seems to be really pulling for me to work for her. 
I've got my reservations.

It's the same business as the previous Montessori school I worked at (aka Montessori HELL -- the one I worked in at the beginning of 2012 before I turned in my two weeks and happily left that damn school).
It's with ages 3 to 6.....not all are potty trained.  Not exactly looking forward to that again.
AND it's a good 30 minute drive from my home.
But if the pay is right...I'll take it for the time being.
It would be nice to have a bit more money in the bank account.

And on the drive there, the drive back, and the drive to my afternoon job, I kept seeing TONS of hawks.
Seriously, I saw a good 10+ when, on a good day, I usually see 2.
AND one was a Harris Hawk.  I've NEVER seen one of those in town.

Hawks a messengers.  Telling me to look at the big picture.
I don't know yet if that means, taking this job to help out with the finances.
Or that this job will take me far off course.

Harris Hawk specifically represents community and group work.
Could pertain to me being more present in my Coven. 
Or hanging out with coworkers. 
Or gaining a new set of coworkers too.

So for now, I'm gathering the necessary information.  And I'll spend some time mulling it over, over the weekend.
I might not even be offered the job, so I do need to keep that possibility in mind.
We shall see how it all pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment