Monday, January 7, 2013

Day of Sekhmet (Photo 7/365)

Today was one of a handful of holy days dedicated to Sekhmet.

I changed out the altar cloth from silver to a rich purple color.  And I removed everything except for things that pertained to Her.
  (Photo 7/365)

Red candles. 
White lions.
Garnets upon the statues.
And jasmine incense waffed through the air.

I read the following aloud, in praise of Her:
"Great and beloved Sekhmet, I
offer You great praise and
thanks for I know that my soul
was forged in Your Sacred Flame
upon my birth and I carry
Your Fire within me always!  Hail,
Sekhmet, the Flaming One!"


It was posted on the Sekhmet group on Facebook a while back and I've collected such invocations and sayings and placed them all inside a beautiful red and gold journal.  I should take a photo of that at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment