Friday, January 11, 2013

Hmmmm

Had my 2nd interview today at the Montessori school.  This time with the owner/business director.
He was 33 minutes LATE.  Tardiness is something I really don't like. 
I, on the other hand, was 10 minutes EARLY to the interview. 
Had to sit and twiddle my thumbs for quite some time.  Not a great first impression.

It just kind of went down hill from there.

He challenged me on the times I could work.
I can work 7 am to 11:30 am, as I have to make the 30 minute drive home, walk and feed Holly, have a second to grab something to eat, switch gears from Montessori to public school mode, and then drive to my after school job.
He wanted me to stay until 12:30. 
That would only give me 30 minutes to get all of the above done before I'd head to my 2nd job. 
I stuck to my guns and said it just wasn't possible.

Then he eyed what I was asking to be paid.
I personally do not believe that asking for $12 an hour as a lead teacher, certified Montessori, WITH 16 years experience with children, who's been an assistant director, a lead teacher prior, to be too much.  His facial expression told me no way in hell.

I'll be taking toll roads to and from work, so that's another expense I'll have to factor in, not to mention the extra wear and tear on my already worn and torn car. 

Hmmm, this job is looking less and less appealing.

And it turns out the current director...she over saw a Montessori school in Flower Mound that was shut down.  Rumors fly of abuse.  Not from her but one of the teachers under her. 
And when I listed Kim (the lady I babysat for over the summer -- who's youngest attended that school), she got VERY nervous, asking me what Kim had said about her.  And she meant it as her personally, not "her" as in the school. 
So now that's going my fur up a bit.  I plan to ask Kim about it, just to see what I might be getting myself into.

No hawks were seen on the way to this interview.
Hawks were seen on the way to my present afternoon job.

I feel that Hawk is showing me that if I take this job, I'd have NO time to study for the alternative teaching tests. 
That I would be burning the candle at both ends and wind up completely burnt out.

So for now, I'm hedging my bets.  I'm pretty sure they aren't even going to offer me the job. 
He said he'd have the director call me later on today and let me know what's going on.
I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment