Friday, December 25, 2015

Zoo Trip

So on Monday (Dec21st), I sucked it up and went to the zoo trip with two “buddies” ish from Deviant Art. Well, I only “know” Orcanaria....I don’t know the friend she brought with her – KosaFox. But I figured, “How bad could it really be?”

Oye.

For one, it’s never a good idea to put three socially awkward people together for an extended period of time.

Secondly, I’m probably a good 10 to 15 years older than them.

Thirdly, I go to the zoo to enjoy photographing the animals. Maybe this ties in with their age, but we spent a good half out in the damn parakeet feeding place. Now, I got some awesome photos of KosaFox with a ton of birds.....but I go to the zoo to enjoy wild/exotic animals....not ones PEOPLE KEEP AS FRIGGIN’ PETS!

Fourthly, if I’m lining up a photo and you spook the animal…thus ruining my shot…because you felt the need to just randomly word vomit on me about shit that doesn’t matter....count yourself lucky you didn’t get a punch to the throat.

Seriously, I was lining up a nice photo of the ocelot, who is almost NEVER awake, and Orcanaria just blabs out “I’ve been hanging out with Furries too much”, and the ocelot scuttles away. It was everything I had in me not to strike her in the throat.

We spent three HOURS there, and never even made it into the reptile house. ::growls::

Now, to be fair, I got some AMAZING photos of the Harpy Eagles, who actually came down off their high perch and were a mere two feet away from me. So that was AMAZING.

But yeah, I’m not really sure I’ll meet up with them again. It was nice that I didn’t have to pay for my ticket into the zoo, but next time I think I’ll resume going alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment