Sunday, December 27, 2015

Yule

I’m just now getting around to celebrating Yule and the Full Moon. But better late than never, is my motto! ::laughs::

alt text

I’m still struggling with what the Sabbats mean symbolically to me. Typical pagans celebrate this Holy day as the day the Mother Goddess is pregnant with the Sun God. And, as I’ve stressed each Sabbat, I don’t particularly like this mythos. It doesn’t speak to me.

And typically, I would also say that the god plays no role in my life. But that’s recently changed. With all the storms and horrid/dangerous weather we’ve had for the vast majority of the year, Set (Egyptian god of chaos and storms) has popped up. He and the Harpies get along quite well, and are VERY good at protection against storms. So prayers to him have been added.

But I’m glad I’m celebrating Yule anyways, even if I’m not 100% sure what it MEANS to me exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment