Friday, December 18, 2015

Cool...Panic



I've noticed this about myself:

I hear of something kind of cool that I'm interested in.
I get all excited and sign up to do said Cool Thing like a week or two in advance.
And yet, by the time it rolls around, I panic and hide.

Oye.

So yeah.  I really need to stick to my guns and grit my way through this.  I'm sure it'll be fun once I'm THERE doing the THING.  But I'm sure there's going to be a lot of panic before I get to that point.

So yeah, Panicky but Cool Thing #1 -- a fellow photographer from Deviant Art has been hitting me up to meet up with her at our local favorite zoo and just do some photography.  No biggie right?  Last time I attempted to do this, I practically had a panic attack just THINKING about it 2 days before I was supposed to meet up with her. 

I'm supposed to possibly meet up with her on the 21st, but that really hinges on how Hubs's talk with the VA about a house loan goes tomorrow.  If we have to go meet the people in person, it is possible that I would have to do that on the 21st.  Though, knowing the VA, it might be JUNE before they can talk to us.  ::rolls her eyes::

And Panicky but Cool Thing #2 -- there's a brand spanking new Pagan group forming in my city that sounds like it would be right up my alley.  So of course, I joined their MeetUp group.  Their first meeting is on the 28th. 

And the main thing that has me on edge is that they are meeting at a park.
In a very sketchy part of town.
At friggin' 6:30 pm. Um, yeah....it gets dark here at around 5:30. 
When I walk Ole Lady Dog at 8 pm, it is full blown night time.  And I walk with a flashlight.  And a knife. 
Soooo, I'm not so sure about this meet up at THAT time in THAT park.  I mean, I get it.  Pagans love nature and want to be surrounded by nature.  But seriously, we couldn't do this Get To Know You Meeting at a friggin' IHOP?  Which, actually, I think I may bring the safety & darkness concern up.  Hell, how do I know they aren't going to try to mug me themselves?  Other than it would be one of the stupidest things they ever did....

No comments:

Post a Comment