Thursday, December 31, 2015

Catching Up and Winding Down



So much to write about and the days are just zipping past me.  The year is almost over!  I can hardly believe it.

Ok, so Monday I had the women's group first time meeting.  Honestly, I wasn't even the slightest bit nervous until I was pulling into the parking lot (at the wrong Starbucks it turns out).  But once I actually got there and met Hazel and the other lady (I think her name is Deb), I was immediately at ease.  The hour and half past so swiftly.  And surprisingly, I hit it off beautifully with them both.  And the awesome part I recognized while in the meeting -- I didn't feel the need to dominate the conversation.  I didn't feel the need to brag, or put on airs.  I was genuine, which is unusual for me.  I usually put up a good front to protect myself, and it isn't until a couple of meetings later that I start lowering my guard.  So to say I'm excited about the potential of this lil group is a huge understatement.  We have another meeting next Monday that I'm really looking forward to.

Yesterday I did my Tabula Rasa (Latin for "clean slate") ritual...at least part of it.  I put together my year review -- the high lights and low points of 2015.  And I've done my yearly Tarot reading for 2016 -- rather excited about what I see in the cards for next year.  All that is left is the burning of all the bad shit from last year.  Hopefully I can get that done this week.  I'm ready to shed all of that crap and start fresh.

Today we looked at a house that I had utterly fallen in love with through the photos on the website.  And let me tell you, the photos didn't do that house one bit of justice.  It is just too fucking cute.  Seriously, no other way to describe it. 

But since someone had just put in a bid on the house, we had to move fast.  And it was just too fast for me.  And of course, we looked at the house on David's lunch break, so we had a whopping 20 minutes to discuss how we felt about it.  And Fred (our Realtor) was kind of pushing for a quick answer because the owners were hoping to make a decision asap. 

So yeah, that triggered a border-line panic attack in me.  Trying to make this major decision without having a moment to really discuss it with David and hammer out the financial side of it?  I was panicking.  Luckily, I got to talk to my Mom for about an hour to just get all my fears and everything out in the open.  And my Mom is crazy gifted with money sense (most of it she learned via the school of hard knocks), so she was making a lot of sense.

In the end, Husband and I haggled some things about our bid to bring it back into the realm of feasible for us.  And we submitted our bid.

There will be no bidding war as we offered what we can afford.  The house was pretty close to the limit, so we can't go any higher.  If we don't get it, it's ok.  We've already agreed on that.  But it's nice to know exactly how this all goes down....almost like we did a dry run on this.  So now we know what to expect when we do get to finally pull the trigger.

Within the hour Fred called to say the owners went with the first bid...but that they would like to keep us as a secondary option.  The first bidders have 10 days to decide if they are taking the house or not.  We plan to continue looking at other houses -- hopefully ones that afford us a bit more breathing room financially.  But if, by some miracle, we do end up getting this house?  We would be over the fucking moon. 

And then earlier today my Mom text me to let me know my car is FINALLY done.  That "minor" fender bender ended up being not so minor after all.  ::sighs:: But Saphira (the name of the car) is all fixed and ready to go.  Thank goodness.  While I've loved driving my Mom's car since Thanksgiving...I will certainly be happy to get MY car back.  So now I just have to figure out WHEN I'm going back to my lil hometown to fetch Saphira back home.

Have I mentioned lately that Life likes to pack a lot of shit in all at once?  Granted, I'll have a few weeks of utter quiet, but then a thousand and one things happen within a week.  Insanity!  ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment