Friday, January 23, 2015

Tread (poem)

For I am a Child of the Serpent
The downtrodden
The misunderstood
The misrepresented


For I am a Child of the Fallen
the Dancer in the Abyss
the Singer in the Void
the Lover of the Dark


For I am a Child of the Moon
Lunar She Wolf am I
eyes glow red under starlight
and peer into the Truth

For all these things, I am feared

For that
I rejoice

This is not the Path
Nor the Way
for the Masses
the Herds
the Flocks of Prey creatures

Only the strong
of heart
of body
of soul
of mind
Dare the Twisting Path

For it only leads
deeper
into wisdom
self knowledge
self preservation
self regulation

Not a path for Hooves

Paws and claws
tread here


==============
Been a while since I’ve written any poetry. I do believe I’m a bit rusty. But then again, I’ve always preferred the stream of consciousness form of writing than something well polished.

For me, the overly polished lacks life. Don’t get me wrong, Shakespeare wrote some beautiful words. They just sound so very flat and domestic in my mouth. Too much structure. It’s like comparing a fucking pekingese to an Arctic Wolf. Oh they are related. There are similarities there. But they are nothing alike in spirit.

I need to get back into my spontaneous poetry. When it really gets to flowing, it’s like the words are being whispered in my head. I’m merely releasing them into the world. Hell, I may not even know for sure what it all means at the time! *laughs* Gotta love those divinely inspired words and phrases. I could certainly imagine myself as one of the old Pythias of ancient Greece....Oracle Speaker at Delphi.

And don’t for a second, think that the Serpent ties of the Pythia is lost on me. Oh no. I am very much cognizant of that Sacred Serpent Path.

I miss the old surety of the gods and having them speak directly to you. Maybe they are less thunderous because I no longer require the theatrics to pay attention. Seeing as how I’m more in-tune with them, they can nudge and whisper and suggest instead of having to boom in my ear and bitch slap me upside my oh-so-thick skull. *laughs* I’m sure they are happy it’s no longer an all out war to get my attention and to get their point across.

Though, at times, I do miss the battle. *chuckles* Sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment