Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Maybe You Should Rethink That....

So last week, there was some serious craziness going on with the Starbucks schedule. Turns out, Darrell (manager) was letting Lauren (assistant manager in training) do the scheduling.

Except he’s a total douche, and didn’t give her access to our availability forms nor the Time Off Request Binder.

I swear he does that shit, just to prove why he’s top dog. He set Lauren up for dismal failure, so he could swoop in and save the day. * rolls her eyes * What a douche.

So, Schedule #1 had me working Sunday, which I had requested off back in December, as that weekend is when my family was able to get together to do Christmas. But I had Wednesday off.

Schedule #2 was the same.

Schedule #3 had me off on Sunday and off on Wednesday. This schedule was up on Tuesday. I checked it when I left my shift at 11 am on Tuesday.

But apparently there was ANOTHER schedule change, and I was on the schedule to work 5 am to 11 am (my availability is only 7 am to 11 am). But no one bothered to tell me.

So yeah, I didn’t go to the shift I didn’t friggin’ know about. Darrell called at 5:05 am, but didn’t leave a voice mail. Then he called at 7:05 am and left a voice mail asking when I would be in. Then he called at 11:45 am and snarled into the phone that I needed to call him at the store RIGHT NOW.

Um, no. He was obviously pissed off. I’m not going to call him when I already know he’s in a temper tantrum mood. Fuck that noise. I figured I’d just wait until we ran into each other and he had a few days to simmer down.

So he pulled me into the back today to talk about what happened. I told him I had no idea that I was working that day and that I had made prior plans and didn’t get the voice mails until I was already at my after school job.

He told me he was worried I had walked out Tuesday and decided not to come back to work.

And I so badly wanted to pop off, “If that’s the first thought you jump to, because so many of your employees quit that way....maybe you should look into WHY they quit that way. Maybe you should rethink how you treat your employees.” * rolls her eyes *

Part of me wants to quit so badly.
But the other part, is gearing up. One of these days, I’m doing to say fuck it and just unload.

When I quit, he’ll KNOW all the reasons why. There won’t be any of this, “Oh I have no idea why she quit” bull shit that he pulls after everyone leaves.

And EVERYONE leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment