Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Badge of Pride

So Mary and John (two dear-to-my-heart online journaling buddies that I’ve known for ages) have been trying to get me on the Fountain Pen bandwagon.

Mary, being the super awesome Fountain Pen enabler (she got John hooked), offered to send me some that she didn’t like. She prefers needle-point thin ink lines, whereas I lean more to a good line. Not too thick, not to thin. *grins and winks*

Forgive me. Full Moon is riding high last night and tonight. Full WOLF Moon, none-the-less. And I’m listening to Animals by Maroon 5. Never fails to really get that beast inside pumping. Just want to go run in the woods (but not nekkid…it’s freaking FREEZING out there right now. And while I may be crazy, I’m not bat-shit crazy like the homeless lady, so no parading around with no pants for me, thank-you-very-much!)

Wow. That original train of though totally derailed.

ANYWAYS. Back to the damn pens. I get this package today:
alt text

I was positively giddy. I almost called in to work so I could stay home and play. *laughs* No worries. I was a good supervisor and went to work.

But once home. Oh hell yeah, it was game on. I loaded up the Hero 6116 (the dark green pen) with Noodler’s Blue Black ink. And then promptly knocked the vial over. DOH! Damn art table wasn’t as flat/level as I thought it was. I’ll have to get David to make me a wooden stand for my ink vials that will keep them safe from tipping over. But until then, I’m just going to have to be crazy careful, which is crazy in-and-of-itself, seeing as how that table breeds fun times. But at least the blue/black ink stain just meshes in well with the other ink and paint stains already there. I should have just left it for a bit longer before trying to clean it up, so it would have stained darker. *shrugs* I’m sure if I come across samples that I don’t like, I could paint/splatter them on my table for a good effect and to use them. Apparently there’s a company called Goulet Pens that sell sample vials for less than $2. So I’ll certainly be scoping those out. I foresee some reds and purples and maybe some grays in my near future.

So yeah, I’ve got some blue stains on my fingers. I used a pumice stone to get as much off as I can.

But I kind of like it.

I feel like strutting around, flashing my colors, and saying, “Hell yeah, bitches. I use REAL pens!” *dies laughing*

Um, yeah, totally blaming that on the Full Moon.
And Mary. But totally grateful for Mary.

Must look into other inks.

I did load the 2nd pen, a Hero 338 (the silver pen) with Noodler’s Bad Green Gator without spilling any. Woot!

As of right now, I like the 6116 better. It glides better over the page and doesn’t have the faint scratchy noise of the 338.

And they totally make me want to go buy some nice, expensive journal, with thick, creamy off-white pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment