Saturday, January 3, 2015

Psychos and Not-So-Psychos

My Facebook post from Dec 29th:

long discussion spurred on by Criminal Minds, classic stalker behavior in males, and this push by Starbucks to “create moments” with our customers (which feeds classic stalkers) led me to a realization just how little a certain Psycho Ex cared for me as a person....and how much of a possession he really believed me to be, even years after we split.

And it just boggles my mind that so many people still sing his praises and drink the koolaide....even after they know some of the horrid stuff he’s done in the past. Shit he’s even bragged about.

I don’t get it.
Do these people just ignore that stuff because they can’t stomach the thought of being friends with a monster?

And no, I’m not saying any names, will not hint at any names, because, like I said, number of people, whom I adore, are still very good friends with him. And I don’t wish to start any fights with them.
But the biggest reason? I don’t want it getting back to him, because it doesn’t matter what I say....in the end, all he’ll see is that I was talking about him, and CLEARLY this means I was thinking of him, and even more CLEARLY (at least in his mind), this means I want him back NOW.

Clearly, I’m talking about Ken. He was a horridly mentally and emotionally abusive, and highly controlling guy that I was naive enough to date for almost three years. But the shit I’ve heard he’s done since he broke up with me? Makes my time with him look like freaking child’s play. I feel so sorry for the women he’s conned in that time and the cruelty he’s inflicted upon them.

But a nice thing about that post, was another ex, Keith, reached out to me. We dated briefly, but have known each other for ages. And god, do we flirt. Much akin to the flirting between Derick Morgan and Penelope Garcia. But we did date, and it ended horribly. And for the longest, we flat out did not speak. Luckily, we’ve gotten past that, and are back to our flirty ways.

Anyways, he jokingly asked why I was hating on him on Facebook. We bantered back and forth and then he got all serious on me and apologized for the way things went down between us. It was really nice and something I really needed to hear. It completely buries any hatchet between us.

So yes, I have a psycho-ex, that I still keep tabs on. Currently, he isn’t even in the state, but you never know when he gets a wild hair up his ass and decides to come back. I’m not afraid that he’d actually do something physical. But I just don’t need the psychological crap of him just randomly showing up on my doorstep or at my job.

But it also reminded me that not all the guys I dated were/are psychotic and that I’m really lucky to have some really great friends.

And us, being us, the conversation then devolved into him threatening to send me photos of his hairy balls at 2 am the next time he was drunk. And me threatening to put the homeless lady from my woods in his backyard. :) Wouldn’t have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment