Friday, January 30, 2015

Beast at Heart

I truly am a beast at heart, at my core.
I relate more to the animal world than the human one.
And I find animals to be key pieces of metaphor to describe my life and what I’m going through.

Right now? I’m a god damn porcupine. All rolled up into a ball and bristling my quills to the world.

This week has been nothing short of one kick in the balls after another. And another. And ANOTHER. And if this week is any indicator of how tomorrow will it, it will certainly be brutal.

Monday, while we got GREAT news in that David got a $4k raise, sadly, that’s still $1k shy of what he was making at the same company, doing the same damn job, that he was doing last year. Except his work load has quadrupled. *sighs and shakes her head* That $4k would have taken care of most of the taxes to buy a house. Just saying.

Tuesday, found out my assistant manager at Starbucks, who friggin’ rocks and is super awesome and has a pug (which makes her even cooler in my book)....yeah, that was her last day at the store. She was transferred to another store by Corporate Head Quarters.

Wednesday.....what can I say. The day just royally sucked all around. My favorite coworker at Starbucks (Kelly) told me that she’ll only be working evenings from here on out. *pouts* Seriously, this is my all time, absolute favorite person to work with. And now, I don’t get to work with her anymore. I had to work with Beth for a bit (she’s the only that I’m pretty sure I’m going to get my first assault charge from…I seriously loathe this woman with every bone in my body). And then at the after school program? A non-program student flipped off three of my students, so I got to kick him off the playground plus talk to his mom. I had a student just haul off and punch another student square in the face for no god damn reason. And the students were needier and CRAZIER than usual.

Today? Thank god I didn’t have to work at Starbucks. The after school program was horrid again. Kids exposing themselves to each other, pooping in their pants, and kicking one another in the face full force. Yeah, totally friggin’ awesome ass day.

But the hilarious part?
I decided I DESERVED to eat an amazing hotdog from 5 Guys Burgers and Fries.
I texted my husband “I want 5 Guys tonight”....paused. Re-read what I just typed and decided I should add one key word....”Burgers” to that sentence before I sent that text.

Because sometimes, the word “burger” can change the way an entire desire gets played out.

As my husband pointed out, that one word can mean the difference between being full and being “stuffed”. * grins and winks *

No comments:

Post a Comment