Friday, January 23, 2015

Seek To Know

I have always been the type of person that you never say “Don’t do this. It’s bad” and not give me a sound reason as to why.

If you told me not to do something, I’d just narrow my eyes and do it anyways.

And it’s not because I am a defiant person. It’s not because I like to challenge or rebel.

It’s because I seek to know. I seek to experience. I’m not satisfied with the “just because” reasoning. It just does not work for me.

My Mother should be nominated for Sainthood for enduring this all through my life. For not only enduring, but also for not seeking to stifle it either. I know I was a challenging child – even worse as a teen. And even now, I do not completely settle in anything. Always changing, always challenging, always evolving in new, unprecedented ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment