Tuesday, February 11, 2014

So Fucking Tired

I'm so fucking tired of irresponsible aides that I seem to get stuck with at my after school job.

Background: There's me, the site supervisor and three aides: Kym, Jessica M., and Jessica K.

Jessica K. doesn't work on Tuesdays, as she has class. No problem. But today I was supposed to do my CPI refresher training. I've had this planned for MONTHS now, and the other two aides knew about this, as we fucking discussed it last night at 6:10 pm while we were waiting to clock out.

So I get a fucking text today from Jessica M. at 9 am saying that she won't be in to work today.

What the fuck?

So I text her back immediately and said "You do realize then that Kym will only have subs for help." Jessica M didn't respond until noon saying she was sorry for the inconvenience but that she has to go to the doc's and the only appointment they could give her was at 1:45 today. I text back saying "But you know that both Jessica K. and I would be out today".

So I had to cancel my training and reschedule it for next month. I'll have to let my boss at Starbucks know that I can't work that day because of the training. * shakes her head * And it's not even like I'm seriously pissed that she screwed me over, but that she was totally going to screw Kym completely over.

I mean, yeah, 90% of the time, my students are great. But to leave just ONE aide in charge (that I'm not sure can truly handle that) and hope she gets some decent subs? That's just truly shitty to your coworkers there.

And I seem to get a lot of these types of aides.
Allison, while a true asset and someone I could rely on to keep control of the situation, would duck out a LOT due to a heavy school load. And I understand, she's going for her Master's and that requires a LOT out of a person, but when you are ditching out an hour early EVERY Friday, or taking every other Friday off because of "class work", it gets really old, really quickly.
Then there was Dylan. Couldn't report an absence correctly to save his LIFE. And that ultimately got him fired.
Now this is Jessica M.'s first screw over, but I've been burned in the past, and am less than pleased with her doing this. I don't trust her not to turn this into a pattern, too. Like the others.

We'll just have to see how this all plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment