Thursday, February 6, 2014

Aeternum vale

I got the notice today that OD will close its doors permanently by midnight tonight. I took the liberty, as my last act there, to close the doors myself. I deleted my diary and I have such mixed feelings about it.
Bruce may have started the shut down. He may have pushed us all in that direction. But I'm the one that pulled the plug on my little diary there. I wasn't going to leave it in his incapable hands. There's no telling how badly he would have manged and perverted it before finally killing it. It was far kinder for me to do it. Quick, easy, and mostly pain-free.....for the diary. For me, I'm still sad it came down to this.
Aeternum vale OpenDiary. You were a good friend. Not always reliable, but a good friend none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment